Hard Techno 2017 Hard Techno 2017

I'm not entirely sure how I fit into this picture, but I dig the track.

It's not quite hardstyle though, that's pretty much my default music. If I'm not listening to anything in particular, or If I don't know what I want to listen to - HARDSTYLE. Just can't go wrong. It's strange, but as of this review the song I get stuck in my head a lot is ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMe02A8gHUo ) . It's strangely catchy, even if you have to wait 2 minutes for it to really kick in. Irrelevant, but I'll look it up later when I see it in my own review and wonder what it is.

Anyway. Your track. It feels kind of random, the melodic pieces are a bit all over the place but I like it. I make tracks to lose yourself in, whereas this one is more of an active track. You're in the here and now. You are in the present, and trying to follow along with WTF is happening with all the shit is happening. It takes you for a ride. It's neat.

That being said, it's not as danceable. I didn't find myself grooving in my chair, and certainly not up out of my chair and jumping around (see: Hardstyle / my tracks ). Instead, I sat and pondered your track, I tried to figure out where I was going with all the synth lines and the changes of the track itself.

It's a thinking man's techno track, not a dancing man's techno track. If that was what you're going for, job well done.

Retribution of the Insane Retribution of the Insane

I downloaded this. It's a solid danceable track. There are a few bits that kind of had a haunting feel to them, I appreciated that. It's worth multiple listens, so I will.

Zombie Commodity Zombie Commodity

I downloaded this. This is well done. Nice and mechanical, right up my alley. I enjoyed this from start to finish. I enjoyed the layering, the glitchy lines, the droning lines, the danceable nature of this, all of it. Very nice.

SnowTeddy responds:

Nero Monster Nero Monster

This is a curious piece. The breakdown of it was a bit strange but the first 3 minutes or so I really enjoyed. I am still trying to figure out how to describe it. I don't want to call it trippy because that's so cliche That rapid clicking percussive line does it for me. Then you have that almost siren style pad that blares on top of it and it's easy to get let your eyes unfocus and just let go for a while. It's nice when you can get into music like that.

Then it all goes away into this weird place around 2:45, it brings you back to the present.

Interesting journey.

SlaughterClub responds:

Thanks Anchor 4 the review its bit of a random track glad you enjoy the strange journey :-)

Garden of Madness Garden of Madness

This reminds me of castlevania a bit, which isn't a bad thing. well done.

Abandoned Mall Abandoned Mall

Chill as fuck.

AIM - Light Enduring AIM - Light Enduring

Having listened for a good half hour, I get a real sense of conclusion.

I'm sitting on a small rock outcrop at the top of a mountain looking out over the countryside and it's beautiful. The trek to get here was arduous but I can appreciate every detail I see: nature in all its wonder. I haven't really stopped to absorb it like this in quite some time, but now I am and the walk back down will be full of joy.

Phonometrologist responds:

Beautiful imagery; thank you for your contribution.

Lady Killer Lady Killer

Pretty solid work. Textbook grinder with a bit of added keys. Didn't really dig the 1:23-1:36 bit. Loved the digging deep that came after that though. The extra depth helped. The softness at 2:34ish was a nice touch. The track ended well, and the layering + deconstruction reminded me of me. No bias.

TheHeartgrinder responds:

I feel loved now.

Thanks ;)

Hillside orchard Hillside orchard

This just tickles my fancy. There should be more uptempo ambient.

Incursus Incursus

The breakdown around 4 minutes was refreshing. I enjoyed the track overall, worth listening to again.

stegosaurus responds:

Thanks a lot for the review!